Who doesn’t want to look youthful, refreshed and rejuvenated? Every year, more people seek to have aesthetic treatments, such as anti-wrinkle injections. While people may perceive vanity as the main reason, the primary goal for many patients is to feel comfortable in their own skin and a boost in self-confidence — and we’re all for it!
We’re fortunate that over the past decade, revolutionary skin solutions have become available. Anti-wrinkle injections, for example, is one of the most commonly performed non-surgical cosmetics procedure. It helps minimise the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles that may prematurely and unnecessarily add years to your face.
What Causes Wrinkles?
- Age – The production of collagen and natural oils decrease as we get older. As a result, the skin becomes saggy and dry and can make facial lines and crevices more pronounced.
- Repetitive Facial Movements – Smiling, frowning, and squinting are some facial expressions that we repeatedly do every day. Our skin loses flexibility as it ages, and these harmless facial movements can cause permanent muscle contraction.
- UV Rays – Overexposure to UV rays can hasten the skin ageing process. It can break down the skin’s connective tissue.
- Smoking – Chemicals found in tobacco smoke can damage collagen and elastin and can cause skin sagging, damage, dry skin and wrinkles.
What Is The Right Age To Have Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Because of the variety of reasons causing the appearance of fine lines, anti-wrinkle injections are not exclusively performed for men and women “of age”. In recent years, younger patients who want to look more rested and fresh come in for this treatment as it helps correct and prevent wrinkles that may have been caused by certain lifestyle choices.
The truth is, there is no hard rule about the “right” age to have it. Generally, most people see wrinkles appear in their mid-30s, and fine lines become deeper in their 40’s and as they get older.
Before going in for the treatment, ask yourself these questions:
- Why do you want to have it, is it for preventative or corrective purposes?
- Do you see wrinkles in your face?
- Do these fine lines make you feel conscious?
- Would having the treatment give you a boost in confidence and make you feel better?
- Do YOU want to have it?
The best way to determine if anti-wrinkle injections are what you need is to have an in-depth consultation with a medical professional trained in cosmetics procedures. They will give you vital information and answer any questions you may have. Ample education about the treatment can help you make a sound and informed decision.
Find a CST clinic near you and speak with one of our medical professionals.